Here we are: Another New Year has arrived and so has your opportunity to resolve once and for all to get in the shape you desire and deserve.
Maybe your doctor told you to lose 20 pounds. Maybe your favorite clothes (or jeans) don’t fit any more. Maybe you took a selfie recently and don’t recognize who’s in the picture. Or maybe you have come to a point where you know—really know—that you’re not getting any younger and you want to feel better but you simply don’t know where to start.
All too often the pattern goes like this:
- Clothes don’t fit, feel lousy, resolve to get in shape
- Join a gym, promise to “eat healthy” and “workout”
- Go to the gym—where you hope nobody is watching—and do that thing you sort of remember from high school PE, walk on the treadmill or think about taking a class but resolve to get in shape first
- Treat yourself to your fave food or drink because you worked out
- Repeat for a few weeks until you get impatient because you’re not seeing the results you want
- Cancel gym membership or just stop going
- Resolve to really do it next month, or by summer, or even in the New Year
Any of this sound familiar? If so, how’s it working for you?
We often think we know what we want but only have a vague sense of how to get there. This is especially true with personal fitness and weight loss. Bombarded by magazines in the grocery checkout line that promise 30 pounds in 30 days, or six-pack abs in five weeks, or a fill in the blank diet guaranteed to raise your metabolism while shedding pounds, is it any wonder that the most comfortable option is to stick with what we know and/or do nothing?
Are you ready to try a different approach to fitness and weight loss?
Instead of making a resolution this New Year, how about making a plan? One that is:
- A Fun Experience
- stress- and shame-free
- something you look forward to
- helps you love the magnificent body you inhabit
- avoid burnout
- reduce or eliminate the likelihood of injury
- build a routine that works for you over the long haul—the rest of your life
- And Gets Results
- feel and look better
- grow and age stronger
- go after the wardrobe you deserve and desire
If this sounds like what you need, you are ready for a Fitness Makeover. In next week’s post, I will share how to plan your attack as well as how I can help you make your fitness journey a Fun and Sustainable Experience that Gets the Results you deserve and desire.
In the meantime, contact me for a complimentary 20-minute consultation where we will assess where you are, where you want to be, and outline how to get you there—this year.
Until then, Go Well!